An Education in Exercise
Learn While You Burn
This class is for adults looking to incorporate exercise effectively and safely into their lives. All fitness levels are encouraged to attend.
Class will include:
- Relationship between exercise and nutrition
- Benefits of both static and active stretching
- Thirty to forty-five minute workout
Students will learn the basics of health and fitness:
- How to engage and strengthen core muscles properly and effectively
- How to improve flexibility, mobility and balance
- How to fuel the body appropriately to ensure fat loss and muscle gain simultaneously
- How to exercise safely and effectively without relying on specialized equipment
What to bring:
- Plenty of water, towel and/or yoga mat
What to wear:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and gym shoes. Please do not wear step-up or rocker bottom footwear (such as Shape-ups tennis shoes).
Consider joining our Weight Matters Support Group to complement your health and fitness goals.
Please talk with your doctor before engaging in a new exercise program.
For more information or to register, call 702-877-5356 or toll-free 1-800-720-7253, TTY 711, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time.